Ramen near me

To all the Ramen lovers out there in Texas, this is one place you can try for sure.

Locations I have tried : Westheimer and Washington Avenue

Get an original taste of ramen from provinces of Japan with a cheat sheet at every table to help you with the ingredients and know what you are ordering from the menu.

My first experience wasn't much to my liking at Agu where I ordered a Karage Chicken Rice Bowl. It was Karage chicken fried till crispy with sticky rice. Not the ramen I expected.  (2.5/5)

Note : Always ask the waiter about the food before ordering, if you do not have a clue about it.



The second time I decided not to experiment much and stuck to a traditional ramen in the menu.

  • I went for a simple Tori Ramen (chicken broth) with shoyu (soy sauce). The sea weed wafer, egg and spring onions complemented well with it, although the chicken pieces were tasteless to me other than being boiled as not-so-tender chicken.

All in all a satisfying meal if you are hungry and looking for a quick lunch during work.  

(3.5/5)





Since third time is a charm, I ordered the Hakata Ramen this time after careful review of the menu.

The milky tonkotsu broth (pork-bone) with pork, egg, fresh negi (green onions), strips of kikurage (wood ear mushroom) and benishoga (pickled ginger) and thin rice noodles are a perfect combination.

This one was a specialty Ramen in the menu and I would order it again and again.

(4.5/5)

Comments

Popular Posts